Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lovelies...

We were very fortunate to find a first home that had a great kitchen. We bought in a new neighborhood and were able to make our own selections for things like cabinets and counter tops. Just purchasing a new home was a big enough stretch for us, so we definitely had to go with inexpensive finishes on some things (laminate counters, builder-grade plumbing fixtures, ect.)  But the bones are there and the layout is perfect, so I can't wait to have the time and money to really add the finishing touches. These are some of the inspiration pictures I've been saving away. Some of them I didn't save the reference for, unfortunately. But if you recognize where it's from, let me know & I'll gladly give credit where it's due for these lovely spaces!




This kitchen just feels so light & bright & happy to me. I have tall, white cabinets and love them. I'm not completely crazy about the stainless steel sink and counter combo area, it's just a touch too reminiscent of working at restaurants all through college, but that's just me.




There's a lot I love about this one. The floors are beautiful and look like multi-colored slate. I love that the island is a different color than the rest of the white cabinetry...and how cute is that built in bench? Although it's hard to tell the exact color, I really like the subway tile backsplash (looks like greenish glass?) and how they carried it all the way up to the ceiling in the sink area.




Again, the different colored island is really ringing my bell these days. The pot rack is definitely a dramatic eye-catcher, and if I had beautiful copper pots and spotless stainless steel pans I would hang them up too. My scraggly mismatched collection would not quite be magazine worthy. The dark floors...swoon.  More white cabinets...notice a pattern? 



This is one of my favorite pictures. This house just looks like the kind of place you want to spend time in.  Fairly simple design and nothing overly ornate...but all of it looks so pulled together and...homey. I love the glass front cabinets with painted backs that match the wall color - a great idea to add more depth and make what's in the cabinets stand out...especially if you have lots of white items like they do. And I spy a little topiary tree...my weakness. Every time I go to Michael's or TJMaxx they have them and Wes has to pry them out of my hands. 




More topiaries :)
And more white cabinets. I'm nothing if not predictable. I'm glad they did three pendants over the island. Nothing looks sadder than a huge island with one dinky little pendant above it. The woven, natural- wicker bar stools add some needed texture and warmth to the room. Even for a lover of white like me, this is a lot of white. The glass front cabs are lovely, but I might have a nervous breakdown trying to make my glasses and plates look perfect all the time. 




This is another favorite I've had for a long time. I love the huge range hood, and that they kept it from being too industrial by adding the scalloped edge (although I know that might be a bit too feminine & precious for some.) The butcher block island is gorge. That's the front runner to replace my current island top right now. Window treatments add neutral color, and love the to-the-ceiling-subway tiles again.




So pretty. lots of white. Shocking, I know. But it just looks so clean.
I'm craving clean right now after so many weeks of sick people in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...