Sunday, September 04, 2011

Still here

...Well I am, at least. You may not be. It's been so long since I've written, you all may have given up on this little overgrown, neglected, weed-ridden patch of the interwebs.

School has started, which doesn't really mean much to me since my littles don't go yet.
But it does mean that the museum, the aquarium, and the Chick-fil-a playground are abandoned since all of your wild and unruly offspring are locked away getting educated. It's fabulous.

Sometimes I feel guilty about this next statement but I'm going to say it anyway.
I'm looking forward to the girl's being in school. It goes without saying how fiercely I love them both, but I'm not the world's best stay-at-home mom. I'm just not. Kid's shows bore me. Arts and Crafts give me hives...glitter everywhere...paint spilling...glue (shudder). I count the hours until nap time everyday. I could never home-school. I have several friends who are planning on doing it because the public school system here is the pits, and that is definitely not in the cards for me. We're going with the fail proof option of winning the lottery and sending them to an elite private school instead.

I think this long, brutally hot summer and being cooped up inside has just worn away at my last nerves. I know I'm actually going to bawl my eyeballs right out the first time I put a lunchbox in Charlotte's hand and walk her through the doors of kindergarten. But still... I'm just really looking forward to the first time we can all go out somewhere with no strollers, no diaper bag, and no crouching on the floor of a gas station women's room for 30 minutes waiting for Charlotte to get over her horrific disgust of public bathrooms and poop in the damn potty already. (If we go to your house and your toilet is not up to her lofty sanitation standards, she will tell you. And I'm sorry.)

But at any rate, I hope this transition into fall is going well for you...whatever stage of life you're in.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...