Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do it!!! {I'm yelling at me, not you, don't be sad}

I don't exercise. Ever. {This is not going where you might think it's going. I'm not bragging. I'm confessing}
 I chase after my girls, and am constantly carrying one of them up and down the stairs, and we go on lots of family walks. But no real, put your spandex on, work it on out guuurl, exercise.
 It's sad. and lazy. and not healthy.  

Through no doing of my own, just sheer luck and good genes, I've always felt decent enough about my body. But I know eventually things are going to catch up to me...on the outside and the inside. I want to be healthy and feel strong. I want to be able to keep up with my girls for a long, long time. 

When I stumbled across this chart, I knew it was time to get up and get moving!
It's a series of three plan's, each 20 days long. A starter's plan, and then step one, two, and three; each progressively getting harder and adding in things like jogging, weights, ect.  
They're designed for pathetic people like me who do nothing, so for all of you other exercisin' fools out there it's probably going to look pretty lame. 
I accept the lameness. Gotta start somewhere. 
The idea is to do each day without fail, and if you miss a day, you have to go back to where you left off...no skipping ahead.



I'm going to print it out and put it up somewhere that everyone in my house can see it. I'm even going to tell my 3-year old about it and have her help me cross off each day, because trust me if anyone in a 5 mile radius isn't doing something they're supposed to, she will RAT YOU OUT, PEOPLE. 

I also found this super cute chart to remind me to drink water!
Print, stick on the fridge, and check off each glass you have.
Go get yours here




So there it is. I have two arms and two legs and am blessed to be able to walk and talk and move with complete free will. And I'm not demonstrating my thankfulness for that by using all my free time going to perezhilton and watching real housewives reruns. 

I'll keep you posted on my progress. If all goes well I'll be putting up the Step One chart 20 days from now.   Any one want to join?? It doesn't get much easier than this plan folks. seriously. 



5 comments:

  1. I used to be a personal trainer. Yup. I ran the Chicago Marathon back in 2004. Yup. Guess what I do now? Nothing. I feel like crap. I know I could be in such good shape but the only exercise I get is chasing after my kids.

    I'm SO going to print that out and start doing it. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. I am the exact same way. I used to be a runner...but now I do nothing. A lot of people in my family are naturally thin, so I've had good luck. Still, I need to get back in shape too. I'll feel better if I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie, I've been doing this since you posted it, and I've already started losing weight; multiple people have commented on it. Plus, I feel better too. I've been surprised at how easy it is to get the water, now that I have a checklist. Bri - thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...